Note: This is a special live podcast session done on Twitter Spaces. Since the topic was so interesting, we decided to push it to our RSS feed. We have these Lightning Network discussions every Friday on Twitter at 4pm EST/8pm UTC. Check it out!
Get your Lightning fix on your favorite listening platform:
In this #lightningfriday stream we will have Rusty Russell who is most directly responsible for Bolt12 otherwise known as Offers. We will also have Stephan Livera who is well known for his fantastic Bitcoin podcast aptly named the Stephan Livera Podcast.
We talked about:
- 0:00 - Welcome Music
- 3:50 - Introductions
- 5:55 - Our Sponsors
- 6:50 - Reason for the Chat
- 7:55 - Brief Summary of Bolt12/Offers
- 10:20 - Is Bolt12/Offers for Podcasters/Content Creators?
- 12:12 - What would the GUI for Bolt12/Offers look like?
- 17:55 - Liquidity Issues for Podcasters/Content Creators
- 20:30 - How long it will take before Offers/Bolt12 is easy for the payer?
- 33:00 - Technical Difficulties
- 36:11 - Evan Explaining getting Bolt12/Offers into Zeus Wallet
- 42:43 - Self Sovereign Podcaster/Content Creator
- 54:44 - Lightning Network based Social Network
- 58:04 - Is Offers coming to LND?
- 59:50 - What is missing from Bolt12/Offers?
- 1:03:35 - Would it be a bad idea to have a custodial offers wallet?
- 1:05:05 - Offers vs LNURL
- 1:08:58 - What is missing from LN that Rusty thinks about?
- 1:16:26 - How do other implementations feel about Bolt12/Offers?
- 1:22:49 - Bolt12 Telegram, Dev Reviews, Call to Action
- 1:26:55 - Multiple Channels per peer on C-Lightning
- 1:32:47 - Impervious.ai Proof of Concept Data Transmission
- 1:35:55 - Impverious.ai for Content Creators
- 1:43:28 - Short Term Future of Lightning Network for Content Creators
- Rusty Russell from Blockstream, author of Bolt12 (https://twitter.com/rusty_twit)
- Stephan Livera from the Stephan Livera Podcast (https://twitter.com/stephanlivera)