Get your Lightning fix on your favorite listening platform:
Anchor.fm has multiple other podcast aggregators.
If you wish to download an MP3, click here to do so.
In this episode we have Anthony Ronning and Chase Perkins from Impervious.ai. Impervious is a software platform that uses the Lightning Network as a messaging layer to create other novel technologies like a more decentralized VPN. Anthony Ronning is known for writing an article about the current state of Lightning Network privacy.
We talk about:
- 0:00 - Intro
- 1:27 - A Lighter Note
- 5:03 - Chase’s Background in BTC
- 6:40 - Anthony Background in BTC and LN
- 7:49 - Chase and Lightning, A Beginners Tale
- 9:38 - Impervious Reason for Being
- 11:49 - Impervious/LN and Centralized Content
- 16:50 - Anthony explains PoC with AMP Project
- 22:28 - In-Band vs Out of Band
- 26:57 - Are there times when in-band is far more useful?
- 31:54 - Hackathon Winners - The World Computer
- 36:35 - Bitswarm, Incentivizing Torrents
- 39:08 - Goss - P2P Gossip Chat Room
- 41:22 - Pseudozach and the Red Phone
- 43:33 - Discord Bot
- 45:03 - The Future of Social Media with the Bitcoin Stack
- 48:00 - What are the Arguments Against Impervious?
- 53:00 - Anthony’s Lightning Privacy Article
- 56:57 - LN Privacy - PTLCs(Point Time Lock Contracts)
- 59:42 - Future of LN
Impervious’ Website: https://www.impervious.ai/
Follow the Lightning Junkies blog: https://lightningjunkies.net
Follow Lightning Junkies on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJunkies
Follow Chaz on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/TheChaz
Follow Lightning Cat on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJCat
The World Computer: https://twitter.com/ImperviousAi/status/1428865426520305665
Discord Bot: https://twitter.com/ImperviousAi/status/1428859661592109063
Arcade City: https://twitter.com/ImperviousAi/status/1428858555105304579