Anchor.fm has multiple other podcast aggregators.
If you wish to download an MP3, click here to do so.
In this episode we have Giacomo Zucco! Giacomo is a Bitcoin protocol and Lightning Network protocol consultant/teacher. He spends his time supporting projects that he feels might be relevant for the future of Bitcoin. In this episode, we explore one of those projects that he is currently supporting.
RGB is a way to put assets and other data on top of Lightning. We also explore some alternative layer three approaches.
We talk about:
- 0:00 - Intro
- 3:27 - What is RGB?
- 8:40 - Why RGB?
- 15:23 - Would RGB work better with Eltoo/SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT?
- 17:19 - Transaction Fees on Bitcoin/ Could RGB become the new transacting layer because of on-chain fees?
- 26:31 - Counterparty/Omni
- 33:34 - OmniBolt: What is it? How does it work?
- 44:18 - RGB Elevator Pitch
- 45:14 - RBG Weaknesses
- 48:41 - Why should we care about USDT/Tether?
- 57:15 - Giacomo’s Disclaimer
- 1:12:13 - What Giacomo’s working
- 1:03:02 - What can YOU do to explore RGB?
- 1:05:38 - Final Call to Action
- 1:09:20 - RGB vs LN
Follow the Lightning Junkies blog: https://lightningjunkies.net
Follow Lightning Junkies on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJunkies
Follow Chaz on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/TheChaz
Follow Lightning Cat on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJCat