Get your Lightning fix on your favorite listening platform:
YouTube | Apple | Google | Spotify | Anchor.fm
Anchor.fm has multiple other podcast aggregators.
If you wish to download an MP3, click here to do so.
This is the 42nd episode of the Lightning Junkies podcast. In this episode we have Jamal James! People might know him from creating Polar, a dev focused open source software project. Currently Jamal is Lead Frontend Engineer for Lightning Labs. We explore Jamal's thoughts on onboarding devs to Lightning Network development. We want to try to find as many good reasons for devs to get into Lightning as possible.
We talk about:
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:32 - Jamal’s Background
- 6:23 - Jamal’s intro to BTC
- 13:00 - Ethereum vs Bitcoin: A Developer's Perspective
- 15:47 - Jamal’s Intro to Lightning
- 18:40 - Polar
- 24:25 - The First Release
- 25:06 - The Response
- 26:04 - Who is Polar for?
- 28:03 - The Future of Polar
- 28:49 - Call to Action
- 31:06 - The Transition to Lightning Labs
- 33:57 - Jamal’s Role at Lightning Labs
- 36:41 - The Future at Lightning Labs
- 41:23 - The Marketing of Lightning
- 43:04 - Lightning Network Elevator Pitch
- 44:43 - Day one of Lightning
- 45:50 - The Future of Lightning
Lightning Labs’ Twitter: https://twitter.com/lightning
Polar’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/lightningpolar
Polar’s Website: https://lightningpolar.com/
Lightning Lab’s Builder’s Guide: https://docs.lightning.engineering/
Follow the Lightning Junkies blog: https://lightningjunkies.net
Follow Lightning Junkies on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJunkies
Follow Chaz on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/TheChaz
Follow Lightning Cat: https://sicksub.network/LNJCat
Want to dive even deeper into the rabbit hole?
Jameson Lopp’s Lightning Page: https://www.lopp.net/lightning-information.html