Get your Lightning fix on your favorite listening platform:
Anchor.fm has multiple other podcast aggregators.
If you wish to download an MP3, click here to do so.
This is the 41st episode of the Lightning Junkies podcast. In this episode we have Jestopher! Jestopher is best known for Satbase and his musings on being a routing node operator. He most recently wrote an article for Bitcoin Magazine, writing about a griefing vulnerability in conjunction with Joost Jager. Throughout the episode he gives some tips and tricks on how to run a Bitcoin Lightning routing node!
We talk about:
- 2:01 - Jestopher’s intro to BTC
- 5:51 - What is Satbase? Who is it for?
- 8:28 - The Profits of running a routing node
- 14:50 - Insights into Lightning
- 16:39 - Griefing Attack, the Who and the Why
- 22:12 - Possible Mitigations of Said Griefing Attack
- 28:09 - Jestopher’s Favorite Toys on Lightning
- 31:26 - Where is Lightning going?
- 36:13 - Layer Three Potential
- 38:53 - Jestopher’s Future
- 42:11 - Routing Noob Tips
Jestopher’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jestopher_BTC
Jestopher’s Website: http://satbase.org/
Jestopher’s Griefing Article: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/good-griefing-a-lingering-vulnerability-on-lightning-network-that-still-needs-fixing
Support us here: lightningjunkies.net/support
Follow the Lightning Junkies blog: lightningjunkies.net
Follow Lightning Junkies on Twitter: sicksub.network/LNJunkies
Follow Chaz on Twitter: sicksub.network/TheChaz
Follow Lightning Cat: sicksub.network/LNJCat
Rabbit Holes to fall down:
Jestopher’s recommended reading:
Recommended follow, Lightning Dev known for routing:
Joost Jager, originally wrote about the griefing attack that Jestopher ended up writing about, participating in, and demonstrating:
Circuit breaker, mitigation for griefing attack from Joost:
One of Jestopher’s Favorite toys on Lightning, used for batch opening channels and rebalancing channels:
Another toy on Lightning, app used for viewing balance of channels::
Jestopher’s recommendation for noobs getting into routing: