Get your Lightning fix on your favorite listening platform:
Breez | YouTube | Apple | Google | Spotify | Anchor.fm
Anchor.fm has multiple other podcast aggregators.
If you wish to download an MP3, click here to do so.
In this episode of the podcast, we have Nicolas Burtey who is the Co-Founder / CEO at Galoy Wallet. Galoy Wallet is known for creating the branded “Bitcoin Beach” wallet in El Zonte, El Salvador. Bitcoin Beach is a project dedicated to the idea of a circular economy.
We talk about:
- 0:00 - Intro
- 1:50 - Nicolas’ intro to BTC/Lightning
- 4:20 - VR vs Lightning Network
- 6:13 - Developing on Frontier Technologies
- 8:41 - Grassroots Movement vs Corporate
- 11:26 - Created First Company
- 13:46 - Galoy Wallet Philosophy
- 18:05 - Local Reception
- 20:46 - Lightning Network Circular Economies
- 21:30 - Resistance to Lightning Onboarding
- 24:20 - Internet Penetration in El Salvador
- 25:33 - El Salvador, what has changed since Bitcoin 2021?
- 28:21 - Concerns about Chivo Wallet
- 31:00 - Privacy Concerns
- 33:29 - What does privacy look like on the Bitcoin Beach Wallet?
- 35:35 - How to improve Lightning UX?
- 38:36 - Will the Circular Economy Make Sense?
- 41:24 - Call to Action
- 45:04 - Positive Path
- 46:27 - Negative Path
Follow the Lightning Junkies blog: https://lightningjunkies.net
Follow Lightning Junkies on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJunkies
Follow Chaz on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/TheChaz
Follow Lightning Cat on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJCat