Get your Lightning fix on your favorite listening platform:
Anchor.fm has multiple other podcast aggregators.
If you wish to download an MP3, click here to do so.
In this episode we have Richard Myers talking about his work on the Lot49 protocol. This protocol is basically a stripped down version of the Lightning Network made for low bandwidth mesh networks. Previously Richard was working at GoTenna, where he launched Global Mesh Labs to do this open source work on Lot49. Richard no longer works at GoTenna.
We talk about:
- 1:12 - Background of the Episode
- 3:08 - Getting into Bitcoin/GoTenna
- 7:46 - What is the GoTenna?
- 10:50 - Lightning Network as an Analogy for Meshnets
- 12:08 - Global Mesh Labs
- 14:30 - Incentive System for Meshnets
- 20:26 - What is Lot49?
- 22:35 - Is Lot49 ready?
- 26:25 - Does Lot49 scale?
- 29:48 - Mesh Network Routing Nodes?
- 32:05 - Future of Lot49/Meshnets
- 34:26 - Would Eltoo make Lot49 better or more usable?
- 36:43 - Multiparty channels aka Channel Factories
- 42:51 - Mesh networks/Lot49 as a Hard Sell
- 45:34 - Meshnets for Adversarial Environments
- 49:00 - How can people contribute to Lot49?
- 55:18 - Transaction Types for Eltoo
- 1:01:34 - Future of Meshnets
- 1:03:30 - Disintermediate the State? Decentralize all the things?
- 1:04:05 - Future of Bitcoin Lightning Network
Richard Myers’ Twitter: https://twitter.com/remyers_
Support us here: https://lightningjunkies.net/support
Lightning Junkies Merch: https://store.lightningjunkies.net
Follow Lightning Junkies on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJunkies
Follow Chaz on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/TheChaz
Follow Lightning Cat on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJCat
Althea - https://althea.net/
NYC Mesh - https://www.nycmesh.net/
Femtostar - https://femtostar.com/
Samourai Wallet - https://samouraiwallet.com/
Mule Tools - https://github.com/MuleTools/MuleTools
Dandelion - https://medium.com/@thecryptoconomy/dandelions-and-a-bright-future-for-bitcoin-privacy-712dbc4b1ec5