Get your Lightning fix on your favorite listening platform:
Breez | YouTube | Apple | Google | Spotify | Anchor.fm
Anchor.fm has multiple other podcast aggregators.
If you wish to download an MP3, click here to do so.
This is the 43rd episode of the Lightning Junkies podcast. In this episode we address the higher fees on base chain Bitcoin and how they could possibly affect Lightning Network and Lightning Network wallets going forward. With special co-hosts Matt Odell and Jack Everitt.
This episode was recorded live and presented with minimal editing.
We talk about:
- 0:00 - Intro
- 0:48 - Thundr Games’ Experience with Lightning
- 5:10 - Phoenix Wallet Issues
- 8:05 - Concerns of Recommending a Custodial Wallet
- 12:45 - Unsustainable Wallet Models
- 15:42 - User Acquisition Costs
- 18:20 - Proactive vs Reactive in relation to Transaction Fees
- 22:35 - Lightning Wallet Idea that has a $250-$500 minimum deposit.
- 25:33 - UX of Lightning Network vs Bitcoin Cash
- 27:45 - KYC as Friction
- 32:12 - Bitcoin Transaction Fees as a Problem
- 34:06 - Planning ahead for higher Bitcoin Fees
- 36:19 - Future of Bitcoin and Lightning Network
Support us here: https://lightningjunkies.net/support
Lightning Junkies Merch: https://store.lightningjunkies.net
Follow the Lightning Junkies blog: https://lightningjunkies.net
Follow Lightning Junkies on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJunkies
Follow Chaz on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/TheChaz
Follow Lightning Cat on Twitter: https://sicksub.network/LNJCat